Collaborate with WestEd’s early childhood content and assessment experts to explore valid, reliable, and appropriate ways to gather information about children’s progress throughout the early childhood years, and to measure program quality to support continuous improvement.
WestEd works with each client to understand specific contexts and needs, and customizes resources and services accordingly. Our early childhood assessment services include:
- Consultation on State Standards and Assessment Systems
- Early Learning Standards-Assessment Alignment
- School Readiness Assessments
- K–2 Summative Assessments
- Program Quality Assessments
- Training, Coaching, and Technical Assistance that Supports Early Childhood Assessment
WestEd’s Next Generation Assessment Services for Early Childhood team is housed in one of two WestEd programs that specialize in early learning and development, and in developing standards and assessments for early learning settings.
Our team brings years of experience and technical expertise to the work and focuses on providing highly customizable services to meet each client’s unique needs.
WestEd’s team has helped clients get results in every early childhood content and assessment service we provide. Some examples include:
- Consultation on State Standards and Assessment Systems: Facilitated development of Ohio Department of Education’s Early Learning and Development Standards, and supported teachers with aligning standards, curriculum, and assessment.
- Early Learning Standards-Assessment Alignment: Evaluated the alignment of Maryland and Ohio’s Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA) to their states’ early learning standards, as well as the early learning standards of other 2013 Enhanced Assessment Grant consortium states (CT, IN, MA, and MI)
- School Readiness Assessments: Supported the New Mexico Public Education Department in the development of the Kindergarten Observation Tool
- K–2 Summative Assessments: Supported the Tennessee Department of Education in the development of its Grade 2 Assessment.
- Program Quality Assessments: Developed and implemented the program quality assessment system for the San Francisco Quality Connections project.
- Training, Coaching, and Technical Assistance that Supports Early Childhood Assessment: Developed and administered California Early Childhood Online training and rater certification for the California Department of Education.
To learn more, contact Matt Brunetti at email@example.com or 415.615.3326.