Work with WestEd experts to make sure that your state’s or district’s accountability system generates actionable data for school and system improvement.
WestEd collaborates with state and local educational agencies that want to use multiple measures to spark data-based conversations about school performance. WestEd experts can partner with your team to carry out the steps of launching an accountability system, from convening stakeholders to build a shared vision, through the psychometric work to combine data elements (indicators), to a coherent system through reporting results in visually engaging ways, to making sure that accountability results are linked to appropriate actions.
For agencies that have an existing system but would like to strengthen it, WestEd technical experts can conduct a customized, comprehensive system review, addressing technical questions such as:
- Is the system identifying student groups and schools that need additional support?
- What is the best way to include student growth in our accountability system?
- What is the most technically sound way to add a new indicator to the system?
- What would be the impact on schools and school performance of alternative proposals to refine the system?
Equity questions such as:
- Does the system produce results that correlate to the level of poverty, concentration of students with disabilities, or concentration of English learner students in a school community?
- Does the accountability system highlight inequities and foster conversations that promote equity?
And communication questions such as:
- Does the system communicate clearly about school performance?
The wide range of expertise of WestEd staff can help your agency at any stage in accountability system development, review, and evaluation.
To learn more, contact Eric Crane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.492.4080